Tuesday, June 12, 2012

President's Choice Black Bean Stir-fry Sauce, not recommended!

It may seem odd to blog about foods that do not turn out well but you must try new recipes and products in order to find new favourites.  I like to try new things but get so disappointed when they do not come out as expected.  My husband is working close to home this summer so I usually make him lunch or he has leftovers.  Today I wanted to try something new and have had this stir-fry sauce in the cupboard for awhile and wanted to try it out.

First I got out my Wolfgang Puck Mini Versacooker and started some brown rice.  I am glad I did as it takes just under an hour to cook.  Isn't it so cute!!


Cut up 2 carrots, 1 onion, 1 yellow bell pepper and some broccoli florets.  I had these all on hand so no extra trip to the store.


Also had one and a half of chicken breast thawed out from the freezer ready to go.


So I just cooked it up like you would regularly cook stir-fry. Smelled and looked good.  My husband was pretty excited to try it as he is a black bean sauce fan.  I should have tried the sauce before I added it to the  pan because it was not the best.  It tasted okay but it wasn't spicy but was overly tangy which was really odd.  We still ate it but I tossed out the leftovers and what was remaining of the sauce.  I will have to try another one and know now to taste beforehand.


I was happy that the brown rice turned out perfectly, I love the texture of it.  Nice to use this handy lil'cooker for something other than mac & cheese.


Tomorrow he is just getting leftovers, he'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment