Sunday, June 10, 2012

BBQ Beef Ribs, easy, fast and cheap freezer meal

Recently my local wholesale store had Beef Ribs on sale for $1.99/lb.  I had never cooked with them before but the price was right.  Just looking around on the web I saw a couple of recipes that were easy and super simple.  Everything except the ribs I had on hand so I thought I would prep 2 meals and freeze the remaining ribs to try a different way.

Using these ingredients I had on hand:


 I bought 5 packs of these ribs:


The first recipe I prepped was fast as it do not require me to brown the ribs before hand.  The recipe for this recipe was from  The Simple Skillet.


The next recipe was still as fast but had to brown the ribs first.  Kind of like that I have prepped them two ways to see if the browning makes a difference, which we can almost say for certain that it will.  Of course the ribs smell delicious when they are browning in the oven which is a fast and clean way to brown them.


I got the recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking which is a really fun blog.


I did freeze the remaining two packs of ribs to try a different way.  In my Williams-Sonoma Grill Master Cookbook there is a recipe to smoke the ribs on a BBQ that I would like to try.

Will post the the recipe results soon, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment