Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mexican Pork Chops

Mexican Pork Chops was a freezer meal that I had prepped in one of my earlier posts which I prepared this week for dinner.  The recipe was from the 30 Day Gourmet Website.  I had always had great luck with their recipes so I was really looking forward to this one.

I thawed out the package in the fridge:


Sprayed a baking dish with cooking spray and assembled the casserole.


The photos do look horrible, I have to work on my photography skills.


Baked in oven for an hour, removed foil and put the shredded cheese on and baked for another 15 minutes.


The meal smelled really good while it was cooking.


As I had mentioned I was really looking forward to tasting this meal and I have to admit I was disappointed.  Yes it did smell amazing, the pork chops were cooked nicely and the rice was not over done but the flavours just weren't right.  It wasn't inedible but I will not be making it again and for once do not recommend this recipe, which surprised me because I do love 30 Day Gourmet.

I do still have a couple more pork chop meals that I prepped that day and I am sure they will be good.  I will post about that soon.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment