Monday, May 21, 2012

Meal Plan Monday for week of May 21st

Okay so blogging again has fell off the to do list and am hoping one day for this to become a daily routine which I am going to aim for this week.  At the moment I have a couple freezers that are well stocked due to great deals at the grocery store and also due to a couple of trips out of town to out nearest Costco which is four hours away.  I love Costco and envy people who have one just minutes away.  So this week's meals are going to done around meals that are frozen and ready to go or just using things up from the freezers.  


I use a meal plan note pad from Modern Emotive Etsy Store but I see she is currently on vacation.  I typically only really plan for dinner as I use leftovers for lunches for my husband.

Meals for week of May 21st

Monday-Maui Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Edame and Mac & Cheese
Tuesday-Salmon Fillets, rice and broccoli (freezer meal)
Wednesday-Grilled Pork Chops, Asian Salad and carrots (freezer meal)
Thursday-Chinese Chicken, garden salad and corn on the cob (freezer meal, using slow cooker)
Friday-BBQ Beef Ribs, fries, veggies & dip (freezer meal, using slow cooker)
Saturday-Friend Wonton, fried rice, broccoli, veggies & dip (company for dinner)
Sunday-Cabbage Role Casserole (will make two, one for freezer)

Meal planning usually goes quite well until the husband has to make a last minute trip out of town or until I decide to go out of town for a couple days.  When it is just me and my daughter at home we survive on leftovers and take out so that is why a couple of my posted meal plans did not go as planned.   Also when I am making my meal plan I like to note if it is a freezer meal, using slow cooker or if I am expecting company.  Tomorrow I am going to do my shop for the week, mostly veggies so this week will be on the cheap.  Hoping to post tonight's dinner too.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment