Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

I have recently tried two recipes from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cook book.  The concept is that you make a large batch of wet dough that will keep for two weeks in your refrigerator.

First I made pitas that were super good and easy.  I just need to make them thinner and more uniform size next time.  They were great with homemade Hummus and Tzatziki.


 Today I made a batch of Ciabatta.  We are a small family of three so I only made four.  Super quick.  Take out dough, shape and let rest 20 minutes.  Then bake in preheated over for 20 minutes.
When my daughter got home we had to test one.

 The texture was great and the crust very nice, thick like it should be.
 Add some butter and they were awesome.  Will defiantly make again.  Using remaining three for dinner tonight.
Will post about dinner later.  Take a look at their website, it has great information.  I have their other book but haven't tried any of the recipes yet.  I am going to order their new book today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment