Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Southwestern Chicken, freezer meal

Tonight's dinner was a freezer meal that I prepped last week, see post below.  I thawed it, placed it in baking dish and baked for 50 minutes at 375'F in preheated oven.  


 It smelled delicious cooking, was excited to taste it.  When I removed it from the oven I did notice that it was a little runny/watery for my taste but I can modify that for next time.


It looked very nice, lots of veggies.  I served with white rice.  Next time I would also top with something fresh like cilantro.

The taste was nice, a tiny bit spicy so will adjust seasonings as well for that.  Please see my modified recipe below and let me know if you try it.

Southwestern Chicken


1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 cups each chopped red and green bell pepper
2 cups chopped red onion
1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, can be adjusted to your liking
5 boneless, skinless chicken halves, this as well can be adjusted to your family size.

Min all ingredients together and pour over the chicken in a 1-gallon freezer bag.  Label and freeze.

FOR SERVING, have on hand:
Rice and fresh chopped cilantro

To serve, thaw the ingredients.  Pour into baking dish and bake in preheated 375'F oven for 50 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment