Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicken Scampi, Freezer meal

Tonight I cooked up one of the freezer meals that I made from my first blog post when I made four chicken freezer meals from one 4 kg box of frozen chicken breast that I got on sale from Safeway.



Chicken Scampi was thawed out, reheated in a saucepan.  I used whole wheat spaghetti to serve it on and topped with fresh chopped tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.



The meal was easy and tasty, the only addition I would be more fresh ground pepper.  Also there is a lot of leftovers, maybe I would have split the  recipe in half or made two dinner portions instead of one.

Recipe from Once-A-Month-Cooking, Family Favorites
By:  Mimi Wilson & Mary Beth Lagerborg


Chicken Scampi

1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into1-inch strips
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1/2 pepper
*pasta and fresh tomato for serving day

In a large skillet, sauté the green onion and garlic in butter and oil.  Add the lemon juice, chicken, parsley, and pepper.  Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally for 12 to 15 minutes, unit no longer pink inside.  Cool.  Pour into a labelled 1-gallon freezer bag and freeze.

To serve, thaw chicken mixture.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  In a large skillet, cook the chicken mixture over medium heat for 6 to 190 minutes or until chicken is heated through.  Spoon the chicken over the pasta.  Garish with chopped tomato.

Serves 8

ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment