Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cooking Challenge, Bannock...

So my family loves Bannock but I have never made it before except for once last year and it was an epic fail.  But today I used my Mothers recipe, which I should have done in the first place anyways.

In my food processor I placed, 3 cups flour, 3 tablespoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of sugar.

I turned it on and poured in slow stream 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of milk.  let the machine run until it forms a ball.


At this point check your dough and make sure it is not too dry or crumby.  Pour on onto flour dusted parchment paper.  Roll to about 1 cm thickness.


Pierce the dough all over with a fork.  I just used a kids juice cup to make rounds.  Next time I think I will done more traditional loose/free form dough.  Melt lard in pot.



I cooked one as a tester.

Right them company came and I stopped photographing.  And by the time they left there was only one left.


 The company loved it and so did my husband and myself.  I just love it smothered in butter:)  So overall I am very happy with it but will make some changes next time.  I think the dough rested after it comes out of the food processor would result in a lighter product or maybe resting it after it is shaped.  Also my lard was too hot at times, need to lower it.

So do try this, I think also adding a little more sugar and raisins would make a very nice addition.

Fry bread power!  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment